What is Stretch cotton fabric?
Stretch cotton fabric is a textile made by combining cotton fibers with elastic fibers such as spandex or elasthan.
Characteristics of stretch cotton fabric
Its combination of cotton and elastic fibers makes it very popular in the garment industry.
It offers natural softness and breathability. Stretch cotton fabric is comfortable to wear and offers much freedom of movement making the garments long lasting.
Which types of stretch cotton fabrics are there?
Stretch cotton fabric has different types and applications. The most common types are:
- Denim; sturdy, durable fabric, ideal for jeans.
- Jersey: lightweight and stretchy, often used for t-shirts and sweaters.
- Twill: durable with diagonal ribbing, suitable for pants and jackets.
- French Terry: soft on the inside, suitable for sweaters and jogging suits.
- Sateen: smooth, shiny finish, often used for dresses and blouses.
- Poplin: light fabric with a subtle texture, suitable for shirts and dresses.
- Canvas: heavy and strong, used for bags and jackets.
What is stretch cotton fabric used for?
Stretch cotton fabric is a fabric used in the fashion industry because of its versatility and durability. This makes it ideal for garments such as jeans, leggings, t-shirts and underwear. Thus, it is very popular for everyday garments.
The pros and cons of stretch cotton fabric
The advantages of stretch cotton fabric are:
- Easy to care for
- Creases less than 100% cotton
Unfortunately, the fabric also has some disadvantages, such as that it can stretch over time. This can cause loss of shape. In addition, it can also wear out faster than 100% cotton.
Stretch cotton fabric at House of U
House of U has one stretch cotton fabric in its collection. Our Cotton Satin Stretch Eco is made of 98% ecological cotton and 2% elastane. In addition, the fabric is printed with certified inks. Digital printing is the most environmentally friendly printing method today.
Ordering fabrics and having them printed at House of U
You can order the Cotton Satin Stretch Eco by the yard. Want to feel our fabrics first before ordering? Then order our fabric book. Here you will find samples of all our fabrics. In the Eco Fabric Kit you will find samples of all our sustainable fabrics. These are also easy to order online.
Do you have questions about our fabrics or would you like advice for your design? Feel free to contact us. We would love to advise you!